About this Course
Now that you have mastered the basics of creating, editing and formatting documents in Word, come learn how to utilize some of the more advanced features covered in this powerful word processing software. In Word 2016 Level 2 students will learn how to organize content using tables and charts, ensure consistent formatting through a document using templates and styles, simply and manage long documents, and effectively use the mail merge feature in word.
This course is designed for users who need to take advantage of some of the more advanced features in Word to create more complex, professional looking documents.
At Course Completion
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
The content of this course follows the step-by-step Springhouse guide, Word 2016 Level 2 and is combined with a PowerPoint presentation, lecture and hands-on exercises. Each student works at their own fully equipped workstation.
Lesson 1: Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
- Add an Excel Table to a Word Document
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles & Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Lesson 5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Lesson 7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
To be successful in this course, students should have completed Word Level 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.