About this Course
Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 provides a code-free environment to access data types and build custom SharePoint applications. It allows rapid development of SharePoint workflows to meet a company’s specific needs. Before SharePoint Designer, most custom SharePoint applications were created with Microsoft Visual Basic. SharePoint Designer simplifies the process with a no-code interface that can be integrated with Microsoft Visio 2013 to easily manipulate workflow shapes. In this course, you will create and publish custom SharePoint workflows without code using SharePoint Designer 2013.
This course is designed for advanced Microsoft SharePoint site owners and administrators who want to integrate data sources, customize content types, and automate common tasks using workflows.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe SharePoint Designer 2013 and its features, benefits, and support options
- Customize and configure content types to ensure data consistency across lists and libraries
- Access and modify data sources from a SharePoint site
- Create a workflow with SharePoint Designer 2013 and the SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform
- Develop workflows in Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013
- Package and deploy workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013
Lesson 1: Getting Started with SharePoint Designer 2013
- Introduction to SharePoint Designer
- Get Help and Support for SharePoint Designer
Lesson 2: Customizing and Implementing Content Types
- Customize Content Types
- Implement Custom Content Types
Lesson 3: Integrating Data Sources Using SharePoint Designer
- Access Data Sources
- Modify a Data Source in Data View
To ensure your success in this course, you should be a site owner and/or administrator of Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, or 2013. You should have experience with designing and maintaining a SharePoint site. The Microsoft Course 50470-SharePoint 2010 for the Site Owner/Power User or Microsoft Course 55035-Sharepoint 2013 for the Site Owner/Power User is highly recommended, but not required.